Monday, November 1, 2010


The finished deal. I think I can be pretty safe in saying that I am quite pleased with the finished product. I really struggled with making the fog look graphic and fit in with the rippling water and the leaves on the trees. But I think all in all it turned out pretty good. Throughout the whole thing I tried to use a small color scheme to make the cover look as graphic as possible. So each component (trees, river, fog, text) I used no more than three colors to give it a simplified look. I really like the bold text as well. It, too, exemplifies the graphic simplicity of the book. It was fun to create a small logo for my fictitious publishing company as well. I also wanted to have that really simple. And it is. The name comes from the first thing that popped into my head, and that was my roommate. If I were to see this book in the bookstore, I think it would catch my eye and tempt me to flip through the pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment