Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Baby Steps to Computers and Art...



This is my first official project for my Computers and Art class. I really feel like Bob in the Movie "What About Bob." I have no problems with elevators, but these programs are trickier than I thought! This first project, we are to make pictograms that express an idea. The left image is my thumbnail page. Basically, I just threw down some ideas that popped into my head. It sure makes my thoughts look really abstract with I see them on paper. I'm sure you're thinking the same thing. But what I was really going for was some icons that would represent time periods. For the heads, I planned around numberless clocks. The hair styles are the variable that will change and hopefully connote what time period I hope they will clearly represent. Can you guess what some of them might be?

The other, colored image is my next step in the progress. This is my rough draft. More or less of what I hope the finished product will look like. Please excuse the smudges. I think I must have done that while I was attempting to figure out the scanner. I'll narrow the options to the three best icons, and then go from there to make those images in the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment